Organs and Organ Builders in Slovakia
1651 – 2006
Previous Organ List of Organs Next Organ

From the organ’s history

1800, Valentín Arnold – New one manual instrument.

1876 – 1877, Vincent Možný – Organ enlarged by a second manual.

1940, Otokár Vážanský – Complete rebuild of the instrument.

2005 – 2006, Rieger-Kloss – Rebuild and enlargement, opus 3728 (addition of third manual, new Great soundboard, new prospect pipes of the former Great, new console, new electric actions).

The original Arnold organ had 14 stops, after Možný’s rebuild probably 21 stops and two manuals. After Vážanský’s complete rebuild, from the old organ there remained only the organ case prospect with Možný’s prospect pipes and a part of the old pipe material. The Rieger-Kloss firm finally enlarged the organ to three manuals and used the opportunity also to increase the key compasses of both the manuals and pedal.


Firm’s name

OPUS 3728 RIEGER-KLOSS KRNOV


Text: Marian Alojz Mayer